The department are seeking an Emergency Medicine doctor with experience of running the ‘shop-floor’ to join their growing team of middle-grade doctors in the Yorkshire area. The hospital is one of the main providers of healthcare services in the area, with great emphasis on research and training opportunities.
This is an ideal position for a doctor seeking a new challenge within the NHS in a hospital offering unique clinical exposure, whilst working as part of a highly knowledgeable and dedicated team.
The typical rota will be 40 hours per week, with 20% of clinical time being spent in an area of interest such as Paediatrics, Simulation, Teaching or Quality Improvement. Staff are entitled to annual leave with full pay of 216 hours (rising to 256 following five years of NHS service). Daily responsibilities include:
- The initial assessment and treatment of the ill and injured
- Providing clinical advice to more junior doctors and trainee nurse practitioners where appropriate
- The opportunity to take part in the Trauma Team within the ED
- The opportunity to participate in departmental teaching, quality & safety and quality improvement projects.
Not only does the Yorkshire region accommodate multiple major cities with an exciting and unique personality, it also contains a charming coastline and many picturesque scenes in-land including the Yorkshire Dales and the Peak District National Parks. This makes the county of Yorkshire well-suited for individuals seeking a sociable city as well as those seeking a rural countryside perfect for growing a family. Other key features include:
- Large international communities across the county
- Three airports providing daily flights to and from many destinations
- No shortage of fantastic, fresh food
The trust is one of the only teaching hospital trusts in the area and provides a comprehensive range of acute services. All main specialities are represented in the trust, where they have undertaken multiple projects to improve the infrastructure at the hospitals under it’s care. They are motivated to ensure that not only their patients are well-looked after, but also their staff to ensure they feel a sense of belonging at the trust and they have a say in how they work.
The following requirements must be met to be considered for this role:
- GMC full registration
- Experience as the ‘decision-maker’ within the ED
- MRCEM certification
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to utilise BDI Resourcing when applying for your next position, you will receive the following support from our expert team of Emergency Medicine recruiters:
- Tailored CV preparation and advice.
- Job application support, ensuring your CV is presented to the relevant points of contact.
- Interview preparation utilising questions that are specific to your role and the hospital you are applying to.
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary and financial relocation support.
Once you have accepted your new role, you will then be provided support by one of our dedicated relocation experts, who will be there to support you in every step of your move into your new location. This includes:
- Gathering of pre-employment documentation and verification.
- CoS and VISA guidance and support.
- Short-term and long-term accommodation sourcing.
- Travel arrangements and guidance.
- Family support in locating schools and any other pastoral support required.