The Trust is looking for 3 Middle Grade doctors to join the Emergency Department as Clinical Fellows. The hospital is a Major Trauma Centre (MTC) which offers the successful applicant the opportunity to work in a thriving department and gain exposure to many different types of cases. This is an amazing opportunity for Emergency Medicine doctors that are capable of working at Middle Grade level and wish to work in one of the most in demand locations in the UK. Our links with the local prestigious universities will also enable candidates to undertake further courses and training to further develop their skills. The successful applicant will be able to pursue training opportunities to develop their career whilst also working in an attractive location less than 2 hours from London as well as Birmingham.
The successful applicant will receive a formal job plan which will be agreed with the department before joining the department. The duties include:
- Aim to provide the highest quality of patient care
- Working cooperatively with other departments
- Facilitating patient discharge
- Work together with the other Registrars and supervise Junior doctors within the department.
- Support the Emergency Department in maintaining and managing the shop floor
- Non-clinical time allocated to improve the personal professional development, you will have the opportunity to participate in Clinical Governance activities such as clinical audits
- Attend organized teaching sessions and participate in departmental audit projects.
- Participate in regular appraisal and mentoring sessions with the designated educational supervisor.
The hospital is a large tertiary teaching hospital with over 800 beds. You will be based in this department which gives the successful candidate the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of cases seen at the MTC. However, The Trust has two Emergency Departments so you may be required to work at the other site as well depending on the service needs. This teaching hospital has strong links with the local university that is known globally, opportunities for teaching and further courses are always available for all staff at the Trust. The services provided by the ED include acute medical and surgical services including trauma, intensive care and cardiothoracic services.
The Trust is located in between the Midlands and London in one of the UK’s most beautiful cities. From visiting historical sites and castles to walking around the city centre; although it is quite a small city, there is many things to do. There is a large international community in this region so overseas candidates will be able to easily adapt to the area.
The city is less than 2 hours from London as well as Birmingham so major cities are easily accessible via train, car or coach. Heathrow Airport is less than 1 hour away whilst Luton Airport and Birmingham International Airport are just over 1 hour away, this allows a lot of flexibility for doctors that wish to go back to visit their families frequently. There are many ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’ rated schools in the local area.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- MRCEM or NHS experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in Emergency Medicine
- OET or IELTS if you are applying from overseas
- GMC Registered or registration in process
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.