BDI Resourcing are looking for an experienced Medicine doctor for a role in an acute hospital in the south west of England. Acute Medicine is an excellent way for doctors with a background in internal medicine to enter the NHS, as it is closely aligned with the skills and knowledge acquired overseas. This Acute Medical team are looking for forward-thinking medics to join their expanding team.
- As an Acute Medicine Registrar, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality care to patients coming in through the front door of the hospital.
- The post-holder will be responsible for working with the Acute team to continue to improve patient flow and reduce length of patient stay in the hospital.
- The post-holder will also be expected to participate on the Acute Medicine on-call rota with the other Specialty Doctors.
- Supervise and mentor junior doctors on the AMU team and in the wider general medicine team.
The Hospital & Department:
This hospital has over 400 beds, which cater to a population of roughly 250,000 people. The Acute Medicine department falls within the wider Division of Medicine. There is a 19-bedded purpose-built Acute Medical Unit (AMU). The team are responsible for front door demands in the hospital. A new medical SDEC was opened recently, with the aim of reducing the length of stay and improving patient flow. The post-holder will be working within a team of SpRs in Acute Medicine, and in the wider General Medicine team. Several of these colleagues are working through their CESR and, once settled in, there is opportunity for the post-holder to do the same if desired. There are also SHOs supporting the team, and final year medical students rotating through the AMU. Acute Medicine is a very multidisciplinary sub-specialty, and the AMU team work particularly closely with Emergency Department and Older Persons Assessment and Liaison Service (OPAL).
The hospital is located in a town based in the southwest of England. Here, you can enjoy a beautiful and peaceful environment, with a very friendly tight-knit community. The town is in the middle of green hills and national parks, making it the perfect location for anybody who enjoys being amongst nature. The town is rich with British history, including close proximity to Stonehenge – one of the oldest monuments in the country. It is also situated in the middle of some of England’s most popular cities, including London, Bristol and Bournemouth. Bournemouth is only a 45-minute drive away, meaning you can go to the beautiful sea-side town and enjoy the sandy beaches on your days off. The town offers easy access to other exciting destinations, as well as good transportation links to other great cities in the UK. You are also less than a couple hours away from some of England’s biggest international airports, making it easy and convenient to visit friends and family overseas.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent)
- GMC with license to practice.
- Currently working/have worked in the NHS.
- Wide range of experience in internal medicine / medical emergency department / medical ICU.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.