We are working with a fantastic trust based in The Midlands area who are looking for a Consultant to join their tight knit team.
If you are a driven, thriving doctor who wants to make the NHS a better place, this job is for you! Your main duties include:
- Making senior decisions with your colleagues and patients
- Work closely with other Consultants in your department and other departments.
- To ensure there is patient safety, effective management and early discharge.
- You will be providing cover for medical admissions on the Acute Assessment Unit and managing patients in the Same Day Emergency Care (SDEC) Unit.
- It is a 10 PA job plan, with the opportunity for sub-specialty interest to be built into this.
- There is an expectation to participate in the weekend on-call rota
- On call rota is 1 in 12
- You will have a designated desk space within an office
- You will have 1.5 PA’s of supporting activity, to work on your career development
- Contributing to quality improvement, audits and clinical governance.
Your base hospital is a medium size 600 bedded University hospital, perfect to settle into if it is your first NHS position. It serves a very big population as it is geographically close to London also.
The Acute Medical Unit is crucial in delivering high-quality emergency care to medical patients coming into the hospital.
The acute team work closely with other medical subs-specialties when treating complex cases, as well as with diagnostic teams. The team will also support any career development that is needed by the appointed doctor such as needing sign off for CESR applications.
Being part of a University Hospital gives you access to all resources.
You will be based in a fantastic location which is situation just 30 minutes outside the famous City of London which is great for both work and pleasure! You are also just a short 1.5 hour drive and Manchester is 3 hours away.
It is known to be one of the most diverse places to live in England! You are able to walk out your door to a friendly neighborhood. Making it feel like the world is at your doorstep.
You get the best of both world in this location, the cost of rental prices are significantly lower than in central London but very easy to get into the Central City. You are also 10 minutes away from the nearest international airport to be able to visit those who are overseas.
This is also a great location if you are moving with a family, the education is great and there are plenty of things to do with young ones.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP or equivalent
- OET / IELTS
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.